I have been involved with monarch conservation for over eleven years, and it continues to be an important part of my life. This year, I am excited to share with you an exciting new campaign and ask for your continued support.
Each year, we aim to raise at least $200,000 to fund monarch conservation projects through our partners. Our Giving Tuesday goal of $35,000 kicks off MJV’s annual campaign to raise these funds for education, science,and habitat for monarchs. To be a part of the campaign, you can help in the way that fits best for you.
- - Sign up as an individual fundraiser and set a goal for what you think you can raise for MJV (don't worry, it's an easy process through our giving platform - all you have to do is share your story!)
- Just $500 can restore a few acres of habitat, buy plants for a schoolyard butterfly garden, or train ten volunteers to collect critical information to improve our understanding of monarchs. This is a strong way to support MJV!
- - Recruit a team, and set an even larger fundraising goal
- - Find a sponsor who might match whatever you raise
- - Give a gift
- - Share our campaign through your personal and professional networks to help raise awareness
Visit our campaign page to get started. Funds raised this year will help support projects like these:
- the Youth Pollinator Habitat Program with Pheasants Forever, teaching students about pollinators and conservation through hands-on habitat projects;
- the Southwest Monarch Monitoring Tour with the Southwest Monarch Study, recruiting citizen scientists in key areas to track the monarch migration, and;
- Monarch and Milkweed Habitat Restoration in Eastern Oklahoma by Native tribes and Monarch Watch, creating critical migratory habitat and training native youth to build the infrastructure for future restoration.
Thank you again for your support. If you’re interested in helping but want more guidance, don’t hesitate to reach out! We could do not do this without you.
Monarch Joint Venture
Ph: (o) 612-625-8596 (c) 320-226-6507
The Monarch Joint Venture is a national partnership of federal and state agencies, non-governmental organizations, businesses and academic programs working together to conserve the monarch butterfly migration. The content in this article does not necessarily reflect the positions of all Monarch Joint Venture partners.