Citizen scientists provide valuable data to monarch conservation through the Integrated Monarch Monitoring Program (IMMP). To learn about how to count monarchs and carefully describe their habitats, please consider attending one of our training sessions. Our 2019 schedule is currently under development but see below for scheduled trainings:
- March 6, 10:00am-4pm: Iowa Association of Naturalists Conference, Jester Park Nature Center, Granger, IA. $15 registration fee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration by February 26.
- April 13, 9:30am - 3:00pm: Brukner Nature Center, Troy, OH. $25 registration fee includes lunch and classroom materials. Attending a subset of the training is an option if training videos are viewed online beforehand. Call 937-698-6493 or email email@example.com for registration by April 8.
- May 18, 9:30am - 4:30pm: Leopold Center, Baraboo, WI. At this workshop, you'll learn about monarch biology and how to conduct all activities in the Integrated Monarch Monitoring Program. You may choose to attend the full day ($25, includes lunch) or watch certain training videos online and attend the afternoon only ($15). A special optional session from 3:30-4:30 will teach you how to lake a leadership role in the IMMP.
- May/June: Additional Ohio workshops are anticipated. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.
Online training coming soon! (Anticipated March 2019)
If you are interested in a training workshop in an area not listed above, please click the button below and let us know about your interest and location. Contact email@example.com with any questions or for more information.
- Previous workshops:
- 2018: GA, IA, IL, MN, MO, OH, WI
- 2017: IA, MI, MN, WI